At the heart of our homes is a team of Shahbazim (Sing: Shahbaz), universal workers who provide care, in addition to the housekeeping, laundry and cooking. The Shahbazim work collaboratively with a Clinical Support Team which consists of nurses, therapists, physicians, social workers, dietitians and activities coordinators to ensure that the right level of care is provided to each of the elders. The administrator, or Guide, supervises and coaches the Shahbazim to ensure quality of services in the home.
The Shahbazim are Certified Nursing Assistants who receive extensive training in:
- First Aid
- Culinary skills
- Household operations, including basic maintenance and emergency response
- The Green House curriculum, which includes:
- Person-directed care for people with dementia
- Communcation skills
- Self-managed work team skill
- Specific policies and procedures for The Green House model
Additionally, our Shahbaz are ServSafe® Food Safety Manager Certified, an intensive two-day training provided by the National Restaurant Association. This ensures they have a good understanding of the proper procedures for safe food handling and meal preparation.