Weekly Aging Services Letter
June 16, 2021
To our Residents, Patients and Family Members:
We are seeing a slight increase in the Duval County positivity rate this week, which means weekly testing at Bartram Crossing and University Crossing. It also means we must remain vigilant. Continue to wear a mask, stay at least 6 feet apart, avoid crowds, and wash your hands often.
If you have any questions about vaccine distribution, please contact the Department of Health for more information. For a list of vaccination sites in Florida please visit the website: https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/covid-19-vaccines-in-florida/
CMS is committed to continually taking critical steps to ensure America’s healthcare facilities continue to respond effectively to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). On May 11, 2021, CMS published an interim final rule. This rule establishes Long-Term Care (LTC) Facility Vaccine Immunization Requirements for Residents and Staff. This includes new requirements for educating residents or resident representatives and staff regarding the benefits and potential side effects associated with the COVID-19 vaccine, and offering the vaccine. Please open link below for our COVID-19 vaccine education letter:
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), in collaboration with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) updated nursing home guidance on visitation. With roughly 80% of residents and 55% of staff fully vaccinated, they have approved visitation unless nursing homes fall into these COVID-19 categories:
- County positivity rate is greater than 10% and less than 70% of residents vaccinated
- There are confirmed resident infections
- There are residents in quarantine
Visitation falls into 2 categories for all our locations:
- General Visitation
- Compassionate Visitation (A positive COVID-19 case is identified within the facility)
- Bartram Crossing, University Crossing, Bartram Lakes, and Green Houses, are under general visitation. All our facilities qualify for general visitation because they have been COVID-19 free for more than 14 days and the county positivity rate has been under 10%.
- Visitation is seven days a week from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- For after-hours visitation, call facility prior to arriving for procedures. Visitation is no longer limited to one hour but we encourage visits to be brief based on resident care needs.
- Visitors must remain in the patient/resident’s room throughout the visit and wear a face mask at all times. If visitors are found without a mask, visiting privileges can be suspended and you will be required to leave.
- Families will no longer need to schedule visits in advance. We encourage families to call before they arrive to ensure their loved ones are not in Therapy. You can call the therapy gym or facility to inquire about their therapy schedule.
- Under Compassionate and General visitation we might need to limit the time and capacity in the building. Facilitators will be responsible for limiting and monitoring the visitors in our building at all times to comply with safety and regulatory guidelines.
Testing frequency for Bartram Crossing and University Crossing is determined by the county’s COVID-19 positivity rate and positive cases as calculated by CMS on a rolling average basis. Our latest weekly COVID-19 positivity rate for Duval County from June 4 through June 10, 2021 is 5.16%. Based on the current positivity rate we will be testing weekly at Bartram Crossing and University Crossing. The governor’s order does not require weekly testing at assisted living facilities. We are, however, offering testing to individuals if they had direct contact with someone with COVID-19.
We also want to remind you that our weekly communications along with a schedule of our monthly activities and our menus are available on the Bartram Crossing, Bartram Lakes and University Crossing websites. We also encourage you to follow our social media channels for photos and information. Brooks Rehabilitation is on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube. Bartram Lakes is also on Facebook.
Safety continues to be our number one priority. Please know that we are strictly adhering to all directions from the local and state health departments. If you have any additional questions, please contact Andy Andre, Wes Marsh or Stephanie Hoover directly.
We are committed to keeping your loved ones safe and to keeping you informed.
Doug Baer, President and CEO
Trevor Paris, MD, Chief Medical Officer
Maria Interiano, VP Aging Services, (904) 730-1814
Andy Andre, Administrator, University Crossing, (904) 345-8320
Wes Marsh, Administrator, Bartram Crossing, (904) 528-3020
Stephanie Hoover, Administrator, Bartram Lakes and Green Houses, (904) 528-3515